The following is a list of the areas where we almost always need volunteers:
- Drivers and Helpers–picking up food from local grocery stores.
- Clothing Room–assisting guests with selection of donated clothes.
- Special Events–helping to decorate, prepare, or serve on special holidays.
- Children’s Saturday Reading Program–helping kids enjoy reading and selecting books to take home to keep.
- Warehouse–sorting donated clothes, toys, and hygiene items.
- Receptionist–assisting with light office duties, answering phones, and greeting and directing our guests.
- Furniture Sales–helping with the sale of furniture.
- Thrift Shop–sort, stock, and sell merchandise in a retail setting.
- Maintenance–helping to maintain the Brother Benno Center and residences.
Thinking about volunteering? Take A Tour!
The first Saturday of each month at 9:00 am a tour is conducted. No reservation is required.
If you have a special skill or talent that you don’t see covered above, please contact us, and we’ll see how we might be able to bring you into the Brother Benno family. Whatever you’d like to do at Brother Benno’s, your involvement can be as simple or extensive as you care to make it.
Please note that our hours of operations are Monday through Friday 6:30 am to 1:00 pm. Our age requirement is 18 and over. All volunteer positions require a volunteer registration form, and some positions require a background check.
We look forward to meeting you!
Thank you for your interest!