Brother Benno Auxiliary
The Brother Benno Auxiliary was founded in 1996. It has approximately 140 members, both men and women, and it is $20 per year to join.
The purpose of Brother Benno’s Auxiliary shall be to provide financial assistance, service, and support to the Brother Benno Foundation.
Throughout the year we have many fundraising activities and projects. Each fall we have our “Annual Luncheon” that is very enjoyable and attended by many people from our surrounding communities.
Some of our projects include:
- The Annual Fall Luncheon that raises funds to help the women and men in the recovery program.
- Outreach program for the Center and for Camp Pendleton. Each week at the Center, we provide layettes for newborn children. On Camp Pendleton, we help with knitted items for babies that include hats and blankets. In addition, we knit quilts for the Marines and yes, unfortunately, crutch covers.
- Brother Benno’s Breakfast Club (BBBC). The first Wednesday of each month a group will serve the morning meal at the Brother Benno’s Center. It is a wonderful opportunity to engage with those less fortunate and to help meet their needs.
- Cheese Fund. Every Saturday, the Center serves a spaghetti brunch for the guests. What is spaghetti without parmesan cheese? At our meetings, we raffle off donated items and the money is used to purchase the cheese.
- There are other fun events that take place throughout the year.
For additional information, please contact the Auxiliary at firstname.lastname@example.org